What is an ASB?
The Associated Student Body (ASB) is a formal organization of Wishkah Valley students. The programs of the ASB are optional, noncredit, extra-curricular activities conducted in whole or in part by or on behalf of an ASB, during or outside regular school hours, within or outside school grounds and facilities and conducted with the approval of the school district or under the official designee to whom authority has been delegated to act on behalf of an ASB. ASB programs and activities must be of a cultural, athletic, recreational or social nature.
Money generated in conjunction with ASB activities, is public money which must be deposited into the ASB Fund. ASB public money may only be used for optional, noncredit, extra-curricular events and activities of a cultural, athletic, recreational, or social nature.
In general, carryover amounts from one year to another are due to anticipated expenditures for student activities which take more than a year of fundraising. These funds are not available for curricular or graded student activities.
Each school district that has an associated student body program fund must publish the following information about the fund on its web site:
- The fund balance at the beginning of the school year;
- Summary data about expenditures and revenues occurring over the course of the school year; and
- The fund balance at the end of the school year.
The reports below are unaudited and do not reflect final ending balances for the fiscal year nor do they represent Wishkah’s full fiscal year transactions. Posting of these reports to the www.wishkah.org website ensures compliance with RCW 28A.325.050.
In addition, beginning in the 2020-21 school year, each school district that has an associated student body must publish the following information on its web site:
- Data related to high school student possession of an associated student body card and high school student participation in school-based extracurricular activities collected under RCW 320.540;
- The school district's extracurricular activity opportunity gap reduction plan if required under RCW 320.580; and
- A list of optional noncredit extracurricular event attendance and participation fees and the school district policy for waiving and reducing these fees as described under RCW 325.010.
- The information under this section must be published for each associated student body of the district and each account within the associated student body program fund.
- If the school district web site contains separate web sites for schools in the district, the information under this section must be published on the web site of the applicable school of the associated student body.
- School districts must add updated annual information to their web sites by each August 31st, except that school districts are only required to maintain the information on the web site from the previous five years.
- For purposes of this section, the definitions in RCW 320.530apply.
ASB Annual Budget
ASB Fund Balance Report
(Fiscal Year Ending August)
ASB Extracurricular Participation Report