• The West Fork School

    The West Fork school was located near the Polandville area or Greenwood region. The Greenwood region is located between the Wishkah and the upper East Hoquiam valleys. The school was purchased by Micheal Zembal and it became the St. Johns Catholic Church.  Father Brozka held services at the West Fork site about once or twice a month.  Frances Zembal Gurard has stated the West Fork school was built in 1916 and she attended there until 1921 when she went to the new school after consolidation. 
     
     
    West Fork
     
     
    (West Fork School (side))

     

Last Modified on February 6, 2012