The transitional kindergarten (TK) program is primarily for four-year-old resident students who demonstrate a need or otherwise do not have access to high-quality early learning experiences prior to kindergarten. Eligible students must be 4 years old by August 31 to participate. Students who are 5 years old August 31 must be enrolled in the traditional kindergarten program.
A screening process is used to help identify students who demonstrate a need of additional preparation to be successful in kindergarten the following year.
Eligible students must meet both the age, residency, and non-conflicting program pre-requisite requirements, and one or more of the qualifying criteria to be served by the program:
Pre-requisite (must meet all):
- Turn 4yrs-old by August 31 (cannot be 5yrs-old on August 31).
- Reside within the Wishkah Valley School boundary (out of district students may be able to enroll on a space-available basis).
- Not otherwise identified for participation in the Head Start and/or ECEAP preschool programs.
Qualifying Criteria (must meet at least one):
- Lack access (financial, availability, or other) to a licensed pre-school opportunity (opportunity. gap)
- Exhibit lagging social and/or academic skills based on the WWPS administered screener (performance gap)
Interested parents should download our Wishkah Valley Transitional Kindergarten Interest Survey and send to Allesia Cooper via email at email@example.com or send completed form to Wishkah School at 4640 Wishkah Rd., Aberdeen, WA 98520. Parents and Guardians may also pick up a survey by visiting Wishkah School.
For more information please contact Principal Shannon Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360 532-3128 x1230